A quiet, yet powerful backpack blower for professionals working in noise-sensitive areas.
Reduce the noise without sacrificing the power. The STIHL BR 500 features a powerful, low-emission engine and specially designed muffled blower tube so that it operates at a quiet 65dB(A). This makes the BR 500 an excellent choice for use in residential neighborhoods or in municipalities with noise restrictions. The blower also includes a 2-position adjustable blower tube, giving you greater control over its powerful air flow.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology – Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
- Anti-Vibration System: The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Adjustable Support Harness: STIHL backpack blowers and sprayers are equipped with an adjustable support harness that distributes weight evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing user fatigue.: See it in action!
- Low-Noise Sound Damper: A noise suppression-muffler in the blower tube on the BR 500 makes this an ideal feature for homeowners or landscapers working in noise-sensitive areas.
- Displacement: 64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.0 kW (2.7 bhp)
- Weight: 10.1 kg (22.3 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 1400 cc (47.3 oz.)
- Blowing Force*: 22 Newtons
- Avg. Air Velocity**: 77 m/sec. (173 mph)
- Max. Air Velocity**: 93 m/sec. (207 mph)
- Air Volume At Nozzle**: 925 m3/h (544 cfm)
- Sound Pressure Rating**: 65 dB(A)
- Power Source: Gas
*Newton is the force needed to accelerate 1 kg of mass at the rate of 1 m/sec2. **Tested in accordance with ANSI 175.2 standard. All specifications provided by Andreas STIHL AG, as of April 2016.